Monday 24 May 2010

The week that was: 17-23 May 2010

Monday 17 May 2010

Workout:

Bike 90mins - "Power and Strength" programme - 4(hard)/6(eas)mins - L15/L10 after a 10min easy warm up

KBs(12Kg)/W's(8kg DBs) - 2 arm swing, Around the World, alt. shoulder press, "guard attack", db row, swiss ball crunch [2 circuits of 15 reps]


Back to work after a week's holiday where I did virtually no exercise (except a few swimming workouts (the pool was bigger, but required a bit more "navigation" as a result of (1) it being curvd, (2) kiddies and biddies getting in the way!), which for me, is VERY strange. Think I feel good about having taken a break - even if my weight is up a bit! (likely more a result of the chips and ice cream (not together!!) than the lack of exercise…)


Tuesday 18 May 2010

Workout:

Run 60mins
- 5x 1Km using 60s build-ups - Km's (6-6.5mph/6.1-6.6mph/6.2-6.7/6.3-6.8/6.4-6.9mph) with 2min walking recovery at 3.5mph
- Hills - 2%-6% - 1min hill at 6.5mph walking 1min at 3.5mph
- Sprints - @1% 30sec sprint/60sec recovery - 7.5mph-8.5mph

Bike: 45mins, L11 "easy"

KBs(12kg)/Ws(8kg DBs) - 2 arm swing, alt shoulder press, around the world, guard attack, bent over row, swiss ball crunch [2 circuits of 15 reps]


Whew, haven't "lost" the run - though I definitely need and want to get faster! Think I'm feeling stronger than before I went on holiday, maybe it's the rest, maybe it's psychological, either way, I'm feeling stronger and more confident about the upcoming Tri (31 May) - shame my swim is still pretty rubbish!


Wednesday 19 May 2010

Workout:

Swim: 30mins (breast, crawl, side)

Bike: 60mins steady state - (21km in 36:27mins!);

Bike: 10mins - sprint 30sec sprint(L12)/60sec recovery(L8)

KBs(12kg)/Ws(8kg DBs) - 2 arm swing, alt shoulder press, around the world, bent over row, snatch [2 circuits of 15 reps]


Got a really nice compliment from a girl in the gym today about how fit I am - talk about a major ego boost! Such a nice thing for someone to say, and absolutely made my day!


Thursday 20 May 2010

Workout:

Run:
- 5Km "time trail" - 28mins 47 seconds (but first 2 mins were "walking warm up" at 3.5mph because I forgot I was doing a time trial"!
- Hills 2min hill/1 min recovery @6.0mph, 5% to 8%
- Sprints 30-60sec sprint/60 sec recovery - @7.0mph-11mph

Bike: 30mins, steady state, L11

W/Abs: Abs wheel, knee raise, weighted (10kg) swiss ball crunch, cable "rise ups", face pull, back fly, cable chest press, assisted pull ups, rope tri pressdowns, BB shoulder press


3 weeks and I still haven't eaten a chocolate bar! I find it really weird how I've pretty much lost my taste for them since being really ill 3 weeks ago (with either food poisoning or a virus, not sure which). I do still like a bit of chocolate (as the numerous pain au chocolats I ate on holiday attest) but not to anything close to the extent I used to…weird!


Friday 21 May 2010

Workout:

Bike: 60mins steady state, L11

KB(12Kg)/Ws(9kg DBs) - 2 arm swing, alt shoulder press, around the world, guard attack, bent over row, o/h tri extension, snatch, weighted swiss ball crunch [2 circuits of 15 reps]

Bike: 30 mins, steady state, L11


Feeling a bit "flat" today - maybe it's the "first week back blues", maybe it's my body going into shock having just had a week lying by the pool doing nothing more strenuous than reading a book or raising my glass to quench my thirst with various types of libations, none of which approximated a sports drink (at least until consuming cocktails becomes a sport…)


Saturday 22 May 2010

Workout:

Swim: 30 mins (breast, crawl, side)

Bike: 90mins, steady state, "easy pedal", L11

KB(12Kg)/Ws(9kg DBs) - 2 arm swing, alt shoulder press, around the world, abs wheel, knee raise, guard attack, weighted swiss ball crunch [3 circuits of 15 reps]

Bike: 30mins, steady state, "easy", L11


Not sure why, but I felt really tired and struggled to even get going on the bike. Maybe it was the underwater "push-offs" I was doing during the pool, maybe it's an accumulation of fatigue, or maybe it's the Tia Maria and Cokes from last night...


Sunday 23 May 2010
Workout:
Bike: 120mins, steady state, L11

Probably should have been a rest day, but I just didn't fee like it (and knew I'd be likely to eat a fair bit of crap during the day…consider it "preventative maintenace"….)

1 week until the next tri...

1 comment:

  1. Like your blog, lots of good workouts for the rest of us, who
    aren't so fit to get inspiration from. Also nice to
    see you do take time off and enjoy the odd
    sweet thing.

    ReplyDelete