Monday 21 June 2010

TWTW: 14 - 20 June 2010

Monday 14 June 2010
Workout:
Bike: 60mins, EM
60mins, EM L12/13/14 - approx 30km

Row: 10mins - L9 - 2430meters

Although my scratchy throat is feeling a bit better, it seems now to have moved to my head; my nose now alternating between being blocked and runny. Notwithstanding my nose and slight cough (which I guess amounts to a "cold") I went to the gym, albeit an hour later (due more to being immersed in the book I was reading than my "cold". As usual, I felt better having worked up a bit of a sweat, my head clearing a bit as a result of the exertion. I'm enjoying the rowing, convinced it's going to get me even fitter and fingers crossed, haven't noticed any negative impact in relation to my back.

Despite taking yesterday as a "rest day", I don't know that I'd say I felt any stronger or more rested than usual - suppose my coughing and spluttering throughout the night sort of put paid to any deep, regenerative sleep.

Today's priority session was supposed to be a run session, but given my cold, and the gutload from yesterday's huge dinner, I switched it up for a bike session, though I suppose it wasn't terribly focused, more a "get something done" type sessions than anything particularly focused - I'd like to think the adage "something is better than nothing" applies to Tri training too!


Tuesday 15 June 2010
Workout:

Bike: 60mins, EM L12/13

W/S:
Squat
Bent over row
Romanian Deadlift
Shoulder press
Max squat/RDL&DL=50Kg
Bench press
Bike: 10mins, hard effort L12

Feeling REALLY flat. I'm getting really frustrated; I still have the blasted scratchy throat and it seems to have moved to my sinuses - grrrrrrr! I don't feel like training but yet I am (no doubt fearful that I'm either going to get horribly unfit by missing a session, or gain 15 (or more!) pounds overnight!!). Maybe I need some time off? Maybe it's just my body trying to get used to the new programme? Maybe, maybe maybe...


Wednesday 16 June 2010
Workout: Nada - home sick


Thursday 17 June 2010
Workout:
Can't remember. Anything? I'm really not sure!


Friday 18 June 2010
Workout:

W/S:
Power cleans
Squats
DB bench press
Leg press (100s)
Cable deadlift and row
Bicep curls
Leg curls
Calf press (100s)
Shoulder press

Bike: 30mins, EM, L11/12

KBs - various exercises with the 12kg KB

Bike: 6 mins (started on the bike, but then felt like doing some sprints on the 'mill)

Run: 15mins total
30sec sprint (8-9.7mph) with 30-60 sec walking (at 3.5mph) recovery - repeat for total time

I continue to feel flat and frustrated. I'm working hard, but don't feel like I'm making any progress. Is this normal? Am I overdoing it? What to do, what to do….(apart from the all too obvious gorging on Ben & Jerry's and chocolate digestives…)


Saturday 19 June 2010
Workout:

KBs - 30mins of various exercises;
3 circuits of exercises doing 10 reps each, using 8kg KBs (need to bring the 12KB next time)

Bike: 30mins, L11/12

Treadmill walk: 15mins total time

5 mins at 2.0% incline at 3.7mph with rucksack containing 8kg KB
10mins at 7.0% at 5.7kmh

KBs - 20-30mins

And the flatness continues….now supplemented with what can only be called a shi$ lousy mood. Oh joy.


Sunday 20 June 2010
Workout:

Bike: 90 mins (2x45min sessions)
1x 45 mins - L12; averaging 34kmh!
1x 45 mins - L12; averaging 35 kmh!!

Hmmm…maybe I am making some progress? I felt a great deal stronger on the bike today, though I'm not 100% sure why. Maybe it was the 3 cups of coffee I had before hitting the gym (was reading on the sofa before going to the gym "late" (i.e. 11:30am); maybe it was the bit of toasted bagutte I had (i.e. some carbs before working out?). I'm not entirely sure, but am pleased to say my mood is significantly better than it was yesterday (though in fairness, it really wouldn't take much for it to be "better"!!) and I might even be feeling slightly less "flat"! Here's to getting back to being my usual, gung-ho, training-mad self!

No comments:

Post a Comment